As far as I understand, the HCG protocol has four phases.
First phase starts with your loading days. For the first three days of the HCG diet your body needs to load up on fat. (Not sugar, Fat) Your body needs as much fat in your system as possible because it can take up to three days for the HCG to go into full swing in your blood stream. If you load properly on foods that are high in fat, this could help you avoid that hunger feeling that you might otherwise get in those three days. After the three days with the HCG being in your system you should not feel hunger.
Second phase, Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) during this phase which you will start just after the three days you spend in phase one you will begin your VLCD. For men it's 800 cal a day and for women it's 500 cal a day. If your a extremely overyweight I would recomend women starting out with 800 cal a day. There are certain foods you can only eat on phase 2. I will give examples of my food menu as I blog about phase 2.
Third phase, after phase 2 you will now move onto phase three. On phase three you no longer have to count your calories, but you cannot eat anything at that has sugar or starch for two weeks. This is so your body can get used to having more calories but will not put on the weight again.
Fourth phase, this is the finale phase. If you have more weight to lose you can go back to phase one or if your happy with your weight you can continue onto phase four. Phase four is the mantinance phase. You slowly at in sugars and starches but watch what you eat and eat in moderation.
For me after having my children I did not continue onto phase four. I am not going to make any excusses I just did not do it and I should have. I should have went back to phase one and continue my wieght loss but I didn't. Now I am ready to go back to phase one and finish what I started.
No comments:
Post a Comment